This policy applies to:
Members (Candidate): individuals who have gone through TBrA’s vetting process to be members of the network and have as a result provided personal and biographical information with the intent of being availed to board opportunities or being matched to them as they arise.
Client: a business, firm, government body or individual that uses any of our services in the long or short-term.
Partners: a business, firm, government body or individual that uses our services but has also established a long-term partnership agreement with TBrA to collaborate on programs and events beyond simple b2b service provision.
Attendee: an individual that attends one of our events.
Subscriber: an individual that has subscribed to TBrA marketing materials, including our Newsletters, online publications, and other content delivered electronically.
theboardroomafrica.com (the “Website”) is owned by TheBoardroom Africa Ltd, a private limited company registered in Mauritius with company number 149988 and registered at 6th Floor, Tower A, 1 CyberCity, Ebene, Mauritius.
We process your personal data on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out below when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
Our philosophy is to be respectful, relevant and appropriate in the managing of personal data, and how we contact you. We are mindful of your consent. If you do not feel we have observed this philosophy at any time, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We May Collect About You:
Each time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from theboardroomafrica.com (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
Most browser software can be set up to deal with cookies. You may modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our web site may not work properly, and you may be unable to use those of the Operators’ services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. We do not link non-personal information from cookies to personally identifiable information without your permission.
How We Will Use Your Information
1. For TBrA Services
to respond to any query that you may submit to us;
- to perform our business services within our capacity as a network that connects Senior Executive women with Board opportunities, through training and development programs and our general Board Advisory services
- to contact you to advise of relevant Board positions
- to consider candidates for suitable Board positions, in
- partnership with our clients and partners
- for equality monitoring purposes, to understand the diversity of our applicants and clients. (This information is anonymised and aggregated)
- for information, including sending details about TBrA’s offering, newsletters, Board related events and events targeting senior executive women, seminars and updates.
2. For TheBoardroom Africa website www.theboardroomafrica.com
- to ensure that our Website’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to customise the Website according to your interests;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of information we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant information to you;
- to comply with the law;
- as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will share your personal information within TheBoardroom Africa, and where required, with third parties, your information will not be shared with third parties without your prior consent.
When we share your information with third parties they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes of our sharing your personal data. We will only share your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
We may disclose your information to third parties when:
- you specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about suitable Board positions or submit applicationsvia emailor other TBrA managed online platforms;
- you indicate your willingness for us to share your profile as part of our service to promote you amongst your peers and potential clients
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, our customers, or others.
The third parties include:
- business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and analytics and or online license providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the data.
- Our membership
- We may share some broader statistics on our members with third parties and other carefully selected partners. We will not rent or sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.
Storage of Your Personal Data
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register with us by using our services or our Website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. So we cannot accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you have registered by using our services or on the Website if there is a security breach.
We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you. We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data, you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, if you’re simply a newsletter subscriber you may simply opt out by selecting the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on any marketing email.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You are entitled to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer TheBoardroom Africa Ltd 6th Floor, TowerA, 1 CyberCity, Ebene, Mauritius
Learn more about our community and activities by signing up to receive updates